* Only facility staff is permitted to move equipment.
* Patrons must have a cloth towel to wipe down equipment. The towel
must be large enough to cover the pad or the patron's back. Towel must be kept with patron at all times.
* Patrons must be at least 14 years of age. A parent/guardian must
accompany dependants 14-17 years of age.
* Appropriate attire is required at all times. Denim shorts/pants,
open-toed shoes, and street shoes are not permitted.
* Any exercise involving lifting weights above shoulder level while
standing is prohibited.
* Only two sets of dumbbells are allowed at a bench at a time. The
second set of dumbbells must be secured under the bench near the user's feet.
* Olympic-sized bars may only be used at the corresponding bench or
* Personal training is not permitted, except by Clemente Center
* Cardiovascular machine use is limited to 30 minutes unless there
are no patrons waiting.
* Food is not allowed. Drinks in re-sealable containers are allowed
in fitness area except on black mats.
* Personal listening devices are permitted - no boom boxes.
* Use of collars is mandatory.
* All dumbbells and weights must be re-racked after use. All free
weights must be kept in free weight area.
* All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed.
Top loading additional weights onto weight stacks is unsafe and prohibited.
* Standing on benches or equipment frames is not permitted.
* Do not lean weights or bars of any kind against the walls,
pillars, or equipment.
* Weight belts that may damage equipment must be removed or covered
* Slamming or dropping of weights is not permitted. Spotters are
recommended. Power lifting is prohibited.
* Report all injuries and maintenance concerns to the fitness staff.
* The exercise machines in this room are expensive and can be easily
damaged. Please use them carefully and according to instructions.
* Personal belongings such as backpacks, wallets, etc. may not be
placed anywhere in the Weight & Fitness Room. Please place these items in the storage compartments available or check out a locker at the front desk.